When you’re a long-time member of our group, you might have already observed that our feedback part appears a little bit totally different as of immediately: We’re upgrading our feedback and including a few of your most-wanted options, like GIFs and emoji. It might take us just a few days to roll out the modifications throughout all our content material pages, so please pardon our mud should you’re encountering some lacking feedback or bugs.
Right here among the upgrades and variations:
- GIFs are again! – Lots of you’ve gotten a lot to say, however generally you simply wish to react to some excellent news through a cute animal response of your alternative. Simply hit the GIF button within the remark field to look GIPHY’s enormous database of pictures. You may as well add a customized picture (eg: if you wish to share a display cap from a recreation), however please word that uploaded pictures are submitted to moderator approval, to allow them to take a bit longer to seem.
- Emoji help (and extra formatting) – You may quote, make lists, and add emoji to your posts. When utilizing a desktop internet browser, choose the emoji icon within the remark field to seek for and insert emoji. On cell, emoji are accessible out of your digital keyboard.
- Higher threads – Dialogue threads are collapsed by default We hope this can make it simpler so that you can discover the threads that curiosity you, whereas having the ability to keep away from threads that don’t.or instance, you may put up a spoiler warning within the first message in a thread and embrace the your spoiler-y particulars in your replies. Threads additionally now show which consumer the response is directed at.
- Higher sorting – There are 3 ways to type feedback: Finest (nice for individuals who don’t examine feedback day by day and wish to discover fascinating discussions extra rapidly), Latest (nice for frequent commenters who don’t wish to miss a factor), and Oldest (for individuals who can’t stay with out seeing that man who at all times posts “first!”).
- Higher upvotes- Now you can see who upvoted your remark. You may upvote your personal remark like earlier than (why not!), however do not forget that everybody’s in on it now.
- New consumer feedback monitoring – Now you can simply see a consumer’s different feedback by clicking on their username (or view your personal, if you wish to gaze upon your works). While you click on by yourself title, you can even see your whole variety of likes. Don’t need folks to see your posting historical past? Choose “privateness” from the settings icon and switch “non-public profile” on.
- Reporting and blocking modifications – The choice to mute a consumer has moved to the best aspect of an individual’s put up. Hit the three dots and you’ll report a remark (which will even conceal it in your remark stream) or mute a consumer so that you not should see their posts.
- New notification instruments – Notifications are accessible from the “bell” icon proper above the feedback field. We’re engaged on including notifications again to the location header on the prime of the web page as nicely. There are additionally now e-mail notifications. When you simply need your peace and quiet, hit the gear icon and switch all of them off. Or customise what e-mail notifications you need.
- New key shortcuts – If you wish to put up a remark with out hitting the Ship button, simply hit COMMAND + RETURN on a Mac, or CMD + ENTER on PC.
There are additionally different new particulars like seeing an indicator when somebody is replying to you, an replace to the design to make it simpler to learn and work higher in your telephone, and a sooner, extra dependable commenting expertise on slower connections.
We can be working with our feedback platform associate, OpenWeb, to additional improve the expertise over time, so tell us what you suppose and what options you’d wish to see added sooner or later.
Whether or not immediately is your first remark or ten-thousandth, we’re excited you’re right here. When you haven’t already, take a look at our group pointers: Have enjoyable. Do not be imply. Be at liberty to criticize concepts, not folks, and report unhealthy conduct.
We hope you take pleasure in testing out GIFs within the feedback beneath, and when you’ve got questions or discover bugs, be at liberty to put up them beneath as nicely!