At the Skybound Xpo virtual panel today it was announced that Zachary Quinto (NOS4A2, Star Trek) and Khary Payton (The Walking Dead) have joined the voice cast of Amazon Studios’ upcoming animated series Invincible, based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book of the same name.
Quinto will be voicing the role of Robot while Payton will be voicing Black Samson.
Two years ago, we learned that Kirkman’s first project as part of his overall deal with Amazon would be an “adult animated” take on Invincible, which follows a teenager named Mark Grayson whose father is the most powerful superhero on the planet.
Following this, it was revealed that Mark Hamill, Zazie Beetz, The Walking Dead’s Steven Yeun, J.K. Simmons, and Seth Rogen (and more) had joined the voice cast.
Along with today’s addition of Quinto and Payton, Kirkman also revealed which characters some of the previously announced voice actors would portray on the series. Here’s a list of those voice players and their Invincible characters:
- Zazie Beetz will voice Amber Bennett
- Chris Diamantopolous will voice Doc Seismic
- Walton Goggins will voice Cecil Steadman
- Grey Griffin will voice Shrinking Rae & Amanda (Monster Girl as Girl)
- Mark Hamill will voice Art
- Gillian Jacobs will voice Atom Eve
- Melise will voice Dulpi-Kate
- Jason Mantzoukas will voice Rex Splode
- Andrew Rannells will voice William Clockwell
- Kevin Michael Richardson will voice Mauler 1, Mauler 2 & Monster Girl (as Monster)
- Seth Rogen will voice Allen the Alien
Simon Racioppa (Teen Titans) will serve as showrunner, with Justin and Chris Copeland (Ultimate Spider-Man) are serving as supervising directors. Kirkman, Racioppa, David Alpert (The Walking Dead), and Catherine Winder (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are executive producing.