The Pokémon Company has detailed the latest trading card expansion which is planned to hit stores early next year, and this one will go down a treat with fans of Shiny Pokémon.
The new expansion is called Shining Fates and will launch on 19th February 2021. It’s been inspired by last year’s popular Hidden Fates set and will feature more than 100 Shiny Pokémon on etched cards, including nine Shiny Pokémon V and seven Shiny Pokémon VMAX like the fan-favourite Shiny Charizard in its Gigantamax form.
The set will also include three more Amazing Pokémon, each featuring a Legendary or Mythical Pokémon illustrated with “vividly rainbow backgrounds that extend outside of the frame.” Plenty of products will be available, as detailed below:
- Shining Fates Elite Trainer Box (available February 19, 2021): Includes 10 Shining Fates booster packs, one foil promo card featuring Eevee VMAX, and various gameplay accessories
- Shining Fates Tins (available February 19, 2021): Includes six Shining Fates booster packs and one foil promo card featuring Eldegoss V, Boltund V, or Cramorant V
- Shining Fates Collection—Pikachu V (available February 19, 2021): Includes four Shining Fates booster packs, as well as one foil promo card and one foil oversize promo card featuring Pikachu V
- Shining Fates Mad Party Pin Collections (available February 19, 2021): Includes three Shining Fates booster packs; one foil promo card featuring Bunnelby, Dedenne, Galarian Mr. Rime, or Polteageist; and one corresponding pin
- Shining Fates Mini Tins (available March 5, 2021): Includes two Shining Fates booster packs and one metallic coin
- Shining Fates Premium Collections (available March 5, 2021): Includes seven Shining Fates booster packs; one foil promo card featuring either Shiny Crobat V or Shiny Dragapult V; one foil promo card and one foil oversize promo card featuring either Shiny Crobat VMAX or Shiny Dragapult VMAX; and one corresponding metallic coin
Do you collect Pokémon cards? Will you be keeping an eye out for these packs when they appear in stores early next year? Let us know in the comments.